Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

two-face-book

Its going to be one month in a few days that I have been away from facebook.
And by being away I mean I deactivated my account.

I am kind of surprised at myself. I never thought I'd be able to pull this off. Why I deactivated my account and why I am not returning is a totally another story, I won't be getting into that. But here's what I learned from this new experience:

Not being on facebook is a liberating feeling. All of a sudden you have all this free time and immense amount of attention to put into many creative ventures.

Its funny how for some people, facebook has become synonymous with socialization. In fact, for them, if you're not on facebook, you do not exist. A lot of people act like they are your buddies and suddenly, when you're not on facebook, they don't even bother contacting you. And I JUST DEACTIVATED MY FAEBOOK! ALL MY OTHER ONLINE ACCOUNTS ARE STILL INTACT! I've actually had people telling me they couldn't contact me because I'm not on facebook.
Nice.

This is not some post criticizing facebook and all, and honestly I myself will be back on facebook soon. This just shows how messed up people are these days. I have serious doubts about your priorities and the way you were brought up. Shame on you, people.
SHAME ON YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment